My makeup routine
I don't talk about makeup too too often on HW, but I've had a few questions lately regarding what makeup I use, so I thought I'd break down what I'm currently loving!
1. I ALWAYS start with a moisturizer. It helps make your skin glow, and makes your foundation go on so much smoother! I'm currently using Beautycounter's countermatch adaptive moisturizer and I absolutely love it! It smells nice, is a good thick consistency, and really quenches your dry skin and preps it for your makeup.
2. Next up, Clinique beyond perfecting foundation. This has great coverage, which I really love.
4. My favorite bronzer of all time is the Tarte amazonian clay bronzer in the color park ave princess. It is the prettiest bronze color that adds warmth to your face without looking too orange. I put it along my cheekbones and on the top of my forehead/against hairline to contour a bit.
5. Becca highlighter in moonstone. Hands down the best product for that dewy glow that'll make you look young and healthy! I have found that a liquid highlighter works SO MUCH BETTER than a powder one. At least in my experience, anyway!
6. Mary Kay lash love. Best $15 you'll ever spend. I use two coats and curl my lashes.
7. I always fill my brows in with Nyx brow mascara in the color chocolate. A little bit goes a long way. Next, I use a clear brow gel on top to get my brows to stay just how I want them.
8. I've been posting about this on Instagram a lot, but if you haven't seen it, my new favorite go to nude lipstick is candy k by Kylie Cosmetics. It dries quickly, stays on all day, and doesn't transfer! Amazing and worth every penny! If I'm wearing a red, my favorite is either Blu-red by Lipsense, or Nyx matte lipstick in pure red.
9. I always use a finishing spray to set everything and make it last all day!
Photo by Tifffany Redmon Photography